1) Intro to parabolas
2) PhET Virtual Pendulum Lab
1) Find a good example of parabolas that is used in art or architecture. Try to find a picture that is straight on, not taken at an angle. Print the example as large as possible--a full sheet of paper is ideal. Bring three copies of the printout and graph paper to class tomorrow.
2) Open the PhET pendulum simulator. Complete your assigned experiment (#1 Varying Mass or #2 Varying Length) of the Pendulum Lab. Make sure you complete the data table and answer the question for your experiment.
Make the following changes to your lab:
Experiment #1: Varying Mass
Work time: Swap data with pendulum lab partners and finish mathematical modeling
1) Graph from mathematical modeling
2) Level 1 mastery for Quadratics Set 1 due at 11:59 pm tonight
AM (hr/hr): Review data results and mathematical modeling
PM: Madison's QWOW presentation, Curation work time
1) Conclusion for pendulum lab
2) Khan Academy: Earn Level 2 mastery for Quadratics Set 1 by 11:59 pm on Thursday, March 17.
AM (hr/hr): Khan Academy support
PM: Curation work time
1) Khan Academy - Earn Mastery for Quadratics Set 1 by 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 19.
2) Khan Academy - Earn Level 1 Mastery for the following skills (Quadratics Set 2) by 11:59 on Sunday, March 19.
Need an update?
If you were late, absent, asleep, or distracted in class, then this is the place for you! Visit often to find homework assignments, project updates, upcoming deadlines, and the like.