Chapter 1 - Chloroform
Chapter 2 - Wood Alcohol
Chapter 3 - Cyanides
Chapter 4 - Arsenic
Chapter 5 - Mercury
Chapter 6 - Carbon Monoxide Part I
Chapter 7 - Methyl Alcohol
Chapter 8 - Radium
Chapter 9 - Ethyl Alcohol
Chapter 10 - Carbon Monoxide Part II
Chapter 11 - Thallium
What you need to know
What you can do to study
What I'm looking for
What you can do to prepare your notebook
*Your Table of Contents and page numbers might be very different from mine, and this is okay! Just make sure you have the required items in the same order, even if there are other notes/assignments in between.
1. Sign up for the Remind app so that Aliza can text you reminders about homework, project deadlines, and other due dates! Do this by sending a text message to 703-665-5201 with the following codes:
Ewoks: @acruz @afewoks
Roly Poly Homies: @acruz @afrph
Swamp Squad: @acruz @swmpsqd
2. Finish your group's TPH Prezi.
3. Study for Tuesday's quiz.
4. Prep your notebooks for the notebook check on Tuesday!
5. If you didn't finish the TPH Reading Assignment, you can still turn it in by next Friday for 50%! Here's the link to the assignment.
1. Essential Questions are due on Monday.
2. Bring in a draft of your PTP tile for an art critique on Monday.
In your groups of 2-3 (depending on your TPH chapter assignment), create a Prezi presentation in which you will teach the class about the poison or toxin discussed in your chapter. Your Prezi must follow the guidelines below:
Identification and characteristics
History and background
Toxicity and precautions
Symptoms of exposure and treatment/detection
The Poisoner's Handbook
Group presentations for The Poisoner's Handbook will be on 9/29 (ch 1-4), 9/30, (ch 5-8) and 10/1 (ch 9-11).
1. Read your assigned section of The Poisoner's Handbook. You can find a PDF of your individual chapter here. There will be a reading quiz for your chapter on Friday.
2. Complete the Reading Assignment. Due on Friday.
3. Quiz on Friday: Lab safety, matter, candle lab, The Poisoner's Handbook.
Answer the post-lab questions in your lab notebook.
Write answers to the following questions in your journal.
1) If you didn't do so today, bring your composition notebooks to school on Monday.
2) Email me your 3 questions for the IDK graphic so that I can tell you whether they're science related. The question you choose for the middle column must be related to chemistry specifically. Please let me know which of your three questions you are going to answer!
3) Find the answer to your question! Your answer doesn't have to be super complex, but not so simple that it generates more questions than the one you answered.
4) (If you can) Finish your IDK graphic. For Ewoks and Roly Poly Homies, you will have an hour of class time on Monday to finish these on the school computers. Swamp Squad, because you had an extra hour of work time on these today, it is your responsibility to come in on your own time if you were unable to finish the graphic today.
1) Create 3 goals for refinement of your tile based on today's peer critique.
2) Bring a refined draft of your tile design.
3) Bring in a rough draft of your creative writing about your element.
Need an update?
If you were late, absent, asleep, or distracted in class, then this is the place for you! Visit often to find homework assignments, project updates, upcoming deadlines, and the like.