1. RESEARCH an interesting food chemistry topic related to one of the categories below:
Flavors and ingredients
- Smell (olfactory sense)
- Taste (gustatory sense)
- Regional/culture/traditional trends and differences
Timing and temperature
- Heat transfer
- Key temperatures in cooking
- Leaveners (biological, chemical, mechanical)
- Traditional: Salt, sugar, acids/bases, alcohol, oils
- Modern industrial: Additives, colloids, gels, thickeners/emulsifiers, foams, anti-sugars, meat glue, liquid smoke
2. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS in complete sentences:
3. FILL OUT THIS FORM to guide and document your research. You may continue to edit and resubmit your responses as you delve deeper into your research by 8:30 am on Tuesday. Please keep in mind that I am looking for quality research! You should aim to be an expert on your topic and to be able to convince others that it is interesting and worthy of learning and sharing with your peers!
4. REVIEW YOUR NOTES from this week's presentations (see post below). There will be a quiz next Friday, 5/30.
5. EARN MASTERY ON KHAN ACADEMY for Quadratics Set 3, due next Sunday, 6/1.
Need an update?
If you were late, absent, asleep, or distracted in class, then this is the place for you! Visit often to find homework assignments, project updates, upcoming deadlines, and the like.